Sunday, March 10, 2013

For the Birds

I love birds. Not in a dedicated bird watching way, but I do love bird imagery and seeing the beauties fly by. I love them in my yard, so I keep a feeder full. I also enjoy helping out the little creatures.
Today, as I hope birds have begun their nesting for spring births, I have done something Ive been thinking about awhile. I put out some scraps to help with nest building.
I got a suet holder at Home Depot for $2.99. I grabbed a bunch of scrap fabric, embroidery thread, and yarn and packed it in. Im really hoping to catch glimpses of the brightly colored scraps among the tree branches as they come along and take some away. I would be happy to see it woven in among a squirrel's nest as well, either way. My sister lives about a mile from me, she is going to hang one also. It should be interesting if we see any of it, to see if its hers or mine and how far it is.
Im really excited. I sure hope the birds like my selection!



Above: this was a caftan that was my mothers. I think she would enjoy this re-purposing.



And here it is near the bird feeder.  Free dinner and free shopping, what more could you want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment