Sunday, August 14, 2011

Buns, Buns, Buns

Cinnamon Buns! I have been introduced to the bread machine. I know, I know, they have been around for ions! Where have I been? I actually have avoided them. The temptation of making that bread, so easy. Fresh Hot bread dough? In My Kitchen?? Whenever I pressed a button? Too much. I couldn't risk it.
But my sister made cinnamon rolls on fathers day. My husband's new boss was in town. He came to our brunch. He Loved the Cinnamon Buns. My husband was heading to my bosses and asked me to make those buns. Then the BREAD MACHINE came into my house. My sister gave me the recipe, which is the Cinnabon recipe. The machine creates the dough then I sprinkle it with magic cinnamon sugar, roll it up and slice up the beautiful pinweels.
I couldn't believe I had made these soft, sublime delights. I have never worked with yeast. It imtimidated me. And I am slightly impatient. :)
So I am anxious to try new things with the bread maker now. I saw a donut recipe and obviously the savory versions are on the list. If you have a bread machine, please try this. If you don't, go to your local thrift store, I guarantee you will find one that works just fine. Go ahead, don't be scared.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Buns
1/4C Water
1C Milk
1/2 C Butter
1 1/4 Large Egg (well Beaten)
1t vanilla
1/2t salt
1/2C sugar
4 1/2C flour
1/4 oz (1pkg) yeast
Let egg come to room temp. Melt butter, add water and milk and cool to 75-85 degrees.
Add remaining ingredients in order to bread machine and use dough setting.

Filling
1C light brown sugar
5T cinnamon*
1 stick margarine

Roll dough out to 15x 24 rectangle. Spread with margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon / sugar. Roll into log and cut and place in pans. (I use a deep sided metal pan) Let rise for one hour or until double in size.
Bake at 335 degrees for 20 minutes.
If you want to make ahead, roll and and place in pans then cover and put in the fridge. You will need to remove from fridge and let come to room temp and then rise (approx 1.5hours) before baking.

*I used McCormicks roasted Saigon Cinnamon, it is a much better flavor than regular.






No comments:

Post a Comment