Monday, June 27, 2011

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

I love EGGS. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. So many options, so many variables. So I was thinking about the left over veggies I had in the fridge from last night (sauteed yellow squash and onions, some asparagus and some poblano pepper. And it was a short hop and a skip to Fritatta. The hubs was at a "thing" so I was on my own for dinner. As soon as I got home from work, (and let the dogs out and changed clothes and killed some ants in the bathroom), I immediatly ran to the fridge to see if there was anything else I could throw in a fritatta. Sour cream, always a welcome addition, but no other vegetables, which is fine, because it was already filling up.
So I softened some onions in a little olive oil and butter, added the squash and I cast the asparagus into the pan to heat. Meanwhile I whirred up some eggs, a bit of the sour cream and half & half into a nice froth and poured it over the heated vegs. I tossed the poblanos on top and let it solidfy. Then topped it with a bit of cheddar and stuck it under the broiler to finish up. I didn't add any herbs because the leftovers already had flavors going on, I figured it would be just fine, and it was. A touch of the ol' S&P and dinner was on the table. And I liked it. I really,  really liked it.  It was eggsactly what I wanted.




 I also had some tomotoes sitting around, so a popped them on a cookie sheet with some oil and basil and roasted them for about an hour on 350. Now they will go in the fridge and make a scrumptious topping for something this week, but that is another post. Good night!

1 comment: